June 12, 2014

"You couped your cheveux, Papa."

Today there is a transportation strike in Paris. Not a surprise. Les grèves. I was giggling when I listened to French radio on my way to work this morning to hear that Uber's founder was actually inspired to create his company while in Paris during a transportation strike. Who says the French way of business stifles entrepreneurship? Ha!

Colette's French is getting hilarious: Xavier came home the other day with a haircut. Colette looked up at him and said, "You couped your cheveux, Papa!" (Love the English past tense formulation with the French verb). And last night, while swinging on our bed rail as if it were a set of monkey bars she proclaimed: "I lache down and saute up." Nice lache-ing and saute-ing, Colette.

2 comments:

Jill said...

I love all these Colette comics. Keep them coming!

PeregrineBlue said...

charmant

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...