January 8, 2012

A very warm January day in Central Park.



January 7. A very warm day - 60 degrees in New York City. It felt like a drunk, early spring day who had landed on the wrong square of the calendar. I will take it - anytime. It was also Marguerite's last day in New York with us this round (don't worry - she will be back in February - in no time at all) and the day was a celebration of her brightness too. Here she is doing her favorite poses of the moment - her ballet salutes - she holds these for a long time:





I think we can safely decree that it is from her father that she has learned to take these dramatic poses.







8 months this next week. So, in theory the baby could come at the end of February while Mlle. is here next time...she is hoping for that. I'm open. The baby makes me smile when my belly becomes a punching bag with a small fervid thing trapped inside. Maybe she is already trying to imitate Marguerite's attitudinizing. This week I forced Xavier to watch a documentary about Russian women who give birth in the Black sea to these little dolphin babies who swim immediately and look wholly peaceful from the moment they exit the womb. I want to do that next (a trip to the Black Sea, yes please!). He was leery.





4 comments:

Jill said...

I'm so excited for you and X. I can't wait to see little baby girl! I wouldn't mind one bit if she came a bit early.

Xavier Joly said...

I am surrounded by beautiful girls...more to come!

Rosie said...

What a fun day in the park - no snowmen in January this year! We can't wait to love on this little one!

Sea and Salt said...

Gorgeous pictures. You look so peaceful and happy. I am happy it was unseasonally warm for you to enjoy this day. Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...