October 1, 2008

Plants on Buildings

Plants. They are even better hanging on walls.



On the Musée du Quai Branly they grow plants. On. That is the correct preposition. All sorts. I was riding a bicycle and I looked up and realized that this is the museum Jean Nouvel built. I had always heard about it - hovering on the left bank over the river - but hadn't really noticed it yet. Jean Nouvel is the yummy French architect who designed 100 Eleventh in New York - a building that I've been drooling over for its quilt-like qualities (since its architectural renderings were first delivered to the office I worked at in New York last year)...who knew that a glass building could be patchwork?! Pictured below.






The above-referenced Jean Nouvel building on Eleventh Street in Manhattan - no plants on this baby. Just quilt squares. Less organic. Equally notable.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...