October 23, 2008

Our Disaster

I've sort of disappeared this week. I am actually trapped under boxes if anyone can come by and free me.

So, we have moved into our apartment, which wasn't really ready to be moved into, mais ce n'est pas grave. Every day after Juan leaves, (Juan is the gentleman working hard to finish things), I get more and more excited that this place will come together. These pictures may not show it, but it will be a really great apartment.

First, the move...moving out:



Moving in:



During the commotion, Marguerite and I sat in a big chair and observed.



Meanwhile, Xavier transported his most precious objects by bike:



And was very proud of himself when he arrived:



The apartment awaiting all of our stuff:



And then it arrived:







And little by little, we sort through it...that is, when the rooms are completed and ready to receive.







And I do love the neighborhood...just down the street we find:

4 comments:

la_sale_bete said...

oh what a lovely set of sights!

Jill said...

I absolutly HATE moving, so I feel for you at this time. The only good thing about it is that you get to go through your stuff and get rid of things you don't want or need, then put everything away just right. o.k. I'm a little obsessive compulsive.

Your new place will be great.

I also like Xavier's way of moving using a bike!

I think organizing the books in color order is now and official Johnson trait.

Emilie said...

the books are officially my only achievement thus far...hee hee.

Julie said...

Em - Love it. So bad. Honestly it looks amazing. I am wishing we lived close enough to come help unpack and be with you. I wish light speed travel really existed or that Harry Potter way of moving - transporting or something. Anyway Joyce loves you and Marguerite and Xavier too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...