October 24, 2008

Armurerie

There is a gun and knives store on the corner of our street - an "Armurerie" - not far from the door to our building. This is a strange spectacle in Paris, because as you know, the French and other Europeans pride themselves on their anti-gun policies. I don't particularly like guns; in fact, a store like this disturbs me. However, it does provide a good outlet for snide comments. Xavier's friend to me the other day: "You must feel right at home with that next door..." Hah hah.

Maybe I've lived an unrepresentative American existence, but I don't think I've ever even touched a real live gun.



1 comment:

Jill said...

Ahh, you should hear the media and politicians going on and on this election time about the second amendment,the NRA, gun control etc. It's a hot topic these days.

I have to say, I've never seen anything like this store and display window. Cabellas has something similar, but the guns there are more for hunting animals and such. This store looks like it is selling asault type weapons.

Like you, I've never even touched a real gun. Hope I never have to.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...